FIRE COMPLIANCE SCHEME
The FCMS Fire Compliance Scheme is an Easy, Peace of Mind and Cost Effective Solution to achieving and sustaining compliance with the Fire Regulations. We Guarantee it!
Entrance on to the scheme is NOT by right, with access only being provided once it is confirmed that an organisation is in possession of a quality Fire Risk Assessment. A low cost Gap Analysis is available to evaluate what support is required to enable compliance with the Fire Regulations to be achieved.
4 Easy Steps to Achieve and Sustain Compliance with the Fire Regulations
2. Gap Analysis
If you are confident of your present legal position, you should be able to honestly answer YES to all of the following questions:
- Do you have a suitable and sufficient Fire Risk Assessment?
- Was the Fire Risk Assessment completed by a 'Competent Person'?
- Have you implemented the significant findings of the assessment?
- Do you have the required fire safety documentation such as: Fire Policy, Emergency Plan & Fire Evacuation Procedures?
- Where appropriate, are you carrying out adequate fire training to your workforce?
- Do you have evidence that you are managing your fire safety regime to the required standards?
- Do you have up to date records for the maintenance of fire equipment and other fire safety regimes e.g. fire drills, testing of fire alarms, training etc?
- Do you periodically review and revise the Fire Risk Assessment as required?
This will involve a member of the FCMS team coming to site to complete a review of the Fire Management Systems and Procedures presently in operation within the organisation which will include evaluating the quality of the Fire Risk Assessment.
The outcome of the Gap Analysis will reveal any non-compliant items which FCMS would easy to understand and transparent. A short report will be compiled which based on the compliance level identified will include a step by step approach to move forward to a point where a ‘Peace of Mind’ solution can be reached for Compliance with the Fire Regulations to be evidenced and the threat of Enforcement removed.
- Creation of a new Fire Policy – The ‘Responsible Person’ will be advised to read and endorse the content of the policy and once fully accepted and understood, they would be asked to sign the document.
- Provision of a site specific Fire Emergency Plan.
- Fire Evacuation Procedure based on the Fire Warden Sweep Search system and NOT the roll call.
- Fire Equipment Maintenance Record sheets and processes as required.
- All Fire Training for all staff with bespoke training provided as required.
- Access to a number of sector specific elearning Fire Training packages.
- Annual provision of an agreed number of 3 hour training workshops for Fire Wardens and senior managers (certificates will be awarded to all attendees – valid for 1 year).
- Submission of hard copies of all reports in one of the FCMS Fire Management folders.
- Access on to the FCMS Web Portal where other Fire Compliance documentation can be made available plus other guidance documents.
- Remote assistance during the implementation of the Fire Regulations and (where required).
- Remote liaison with the Fire Authority.
- Award of a Certificate of Membership into the FCMS Fire Compliance Scheme.
- Attendance to carry out a Fire Compliance Review and the Annual FRA Review for both Car Parks to ensure compliance is being maintained.
Monthly Payment Options:
There are two costing options to consider, Option 1 or 2 and both incorporate the following:
OPTION 1-Gold Package (1 year) £125 +VAT/per month
OPTION 2-Platinum Package (3 years)£100 +VAT/per month
During this phase, we will complete a new Fire Risk Assessment inspection of the building/structure highlighting all new items identified within a summary report which would also include any outstanding issues not closed out from the previous Fire Risk Assessment regime. On-going support would be continued with a new membership certificated being awarded covering the next 12 months.
This process is your assurance of on-going compliance being continued with the reassurance against the risks to your staff and your business enabling your ‘Reputation Risk’ to remain intact and protected.
Membership for renewal carries no obligation after the first year unless there is an agreement in operation for the 3 year Platinum package where the relationship could end after the completion of the third year. However, opting out carries a lot of responsibility and potential risk